Spurwood Springs Personal Farm Tours
- looking for a genuine farm tour of North Queensland?
- interested in our local beef industry and growing bananas?
- looking for a farm to take the kids to pat all the farm animals?
IF SO… let your hosts Tom and Dianne Mauloni offer you a choice of the following PERSONAL FARM TOURS. Tom is heavily involved in the Beef Industry and has 30 years butchering experience having operated a Butcher Shop and On Farm Butchering business. Tom and Dianne were also cane farmers and banana growers with their family for 20 years.
You are set to enjoy a very exciting, memorable visit with our genuine country hospitality. Tom is also an Award Winning Bush Poet so will keep you thoroughly entertained as well.
We operate two grazing properties Spurwood Springs a fattening block on the coast (1 ï¿½ hour drive south of Cairns) AND Mont Albion a breeding property on the western Atherton Tablelands (a 2 hr drive from Cairns).
Choose from the two tours below
OR you can combine both tours.
NO 1: Visit to “Spurwood Springs” Mena Creek a 350 acre Cattle Fattening Property near Innisfail south of Cairns where you will:
- Inspect the working farm, stock yards and paddocks;
- Marvel at the cattle mustering with Tom’s working Collie Dogs working to commands;
- Ask questions on the cattle fattening operation, grasses we grow, animal husbandry with the cattle; breeds of cattle; how we market our cattle etc
- View a novelty working dog display where Tom’s working dogs maneuver Indian Running Ducks over obstacles working to Tom’s commands;
- Enjoy country home cooking… Aussie smoko and lunch provided;
- Humorous entertainment with Tom’s Australian Bush Poetry recitals
- KIDS…can ride a Stock horse, feed and pat the farm animals (sheep, calves, ducks Etc) crack a stock whip …AND much more !!
ARRIVE at farm 10 am. Depart at 1.30 pm
COST >> $ 100 per adult. $35 per Child. (With small groups a minimum charge applies of $300)
NO 2: Tag-a-long tour to visit “Mont Albion Station” a 20000 acre cattle breeding property running 600 Brahman breeder cattle (Brahman cows) (west of Herberton. 1 hr 50 min drive from Innisfail). ‘Mont Albion’ was once a prosperous mining town in the late 1800′s. Follow hosts from Innisfail to Mont Albion Station where you will:
- Inspect the working cattle station, stock yards and breeder paddocks;
- Watch the skillful working Collie Dogs as they work to Tom’s commands and gather the cattle together;
- Ask questions on and view the cattle breeding operation, example grasses, legumes, supplements fed to cattle; animal husbandry with the breeder cows, calves and bulls; types of bulls; traditional cattle markets etc…
- Learn of the history of ‘Mont Albion’ which was once a robust mining town in the late 1800′s;
- Enjoy country home cooking… Aussie smoko and lunch provided
- KIDS… can ride a Stock horse, feed the weaner cattle and experience outback Australia.
DEPART Innisfail 8 am. Depart station 3 pm.
COST >> $100 per adult $35 per child. (With small groups a minimum charge applies of $300)
Combined Farm Tour:
1ST DAY – Visit to ‘Spurwood Springs’
2nd DAY - Visit to ‘Mont Albion Station’
Overnight Accommodation is available in our modern air conditioned self-contained cottage named Top Hill Lodge overlooking Mena Creek.
Click here for equiries or to contact us about bookings.
What previous visitors have said about the Personal Farm Tour
Dear Dianne & Tom,
Bob, Ruth and Ferne (from Canada) were raving about their experiences with you and all the characters they met along the way. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks so much for all your assistance in organizing it all.
Julie Amadio (Gordonvale)