Mont Albion School Camps
ONLY 2 HOURS FROM CAIRNS… A CENTURY AWAY IN TIME!!
On Camp students will…
- Camp at Mont Albion Station (no frills, students supply own swag etc. )
- Learn about the history of Mont Albion and surrounds
(visit >>> Mont Albion Cemetery / Heritage Listed Vulcan Mine / Old Chinese Market Garden Site / Old Cobb & Co track / Orient Camp /remains of old Mont Albion Smelters )
- Walk the heritage listed tram line
- See a working cattle station – feed the weaner cattle
- Spot a Mont Albion Brumby
- Fish in the dam – catch some redclaw
- Cook in camp ovens
- Bush poetry recitals under the stars
(Students encouraged to write a short poem on visit and recite in evening around campfire with Australian Bush Poetry entertainment by Tom)
- Experience outback Australia… AND MUCH MORE!
LET THE STUDENTS STEP BACK IN TIME
This camp offers students an exciting, affordable, alternative, educational experience on a cattle station which abounds with the history of our mining ancestors.
Visitors include: Silkwood State School; Candlenut Steiner School Kuranda, Innisfail State Primary School and St Ritas Catholic School, South Johnstone.
PLUS .. WE ALSO HOST INDIGENOUS GROUPS with special agricultural learning activities.
Click here to contact us now for an Information Kit on School Camps.