Mont Albion School Camps
ONLY 2 HOURS FROM CAIRNS… A CENTURY AWAY IN TIME!!
On Camp students will…
- Camp at Mont Albion Station (no frills, students supply own swag etc. )
- Learn about the history of Mont Albion and surrounds
(visit >>> Mont Albion Cemetery / Heritage Listed Vulcan Mine / Old Chinese Market Garden Site / Old Cobb & Co track / Orient Camp /remains of old Mont Albion Smelters )
- Walk the heritage listed tram line
- See a working cattle station – feed the weaner cattle
- Spot a Mont Albion Brumby
- Fish in the dam – catch some redclaw
- Cook in camp ovens
- Bush poetry recitals under the stars
(Students encouraged to write a short poem on visit and recite in evening around campfire with Australian Bush Poetry entertainment by Tom)
- Experience outback Australia… AND MUCH MORE!
LET THE STUDENTS STEP BACK IN TIME
This camp offers students an exciting, affordable, alternative, educational experience on a cattle station which abounds with the history of our mining ancestors.
Recent visitors include: Candlenut Steiner School Kuranda, Innisfail State Primary School and St Ritas Catholic School, South Johnstone.
Click here to contact us now for an Information Kit on School Camps.